sobota 19. července 2014

How I became an oversize person.

Last week I went to shop. There was a sale for shoes (something like 1 euro for a pair), of course I had to check it. I saw a beautiful pair of shoes. I started to look for my size. NOTHING! After few minutes of search I found one horrible looking pair of my size shoes that look like shoes for giant in the sea of small baby doll shoes. When I told this story to my boss she told me that I had very large feet. Thanks, madam! This is a completely new situation for me. I am tall for the first time in my life :D Not like the huge type of people that have to buy two seats in plane but when I talk with people they look UP when talking with me! Ok this was just my reflection of something unbelievable for me :) 

Today I woke up and I couldn´t log in on facebook. You know when you are far away from your natural environment and you miss everybody and everything including hens of your grandmother, you really need the morning check-in of their online lifes just to know that they live happilly. I always thought that this was just an urban legend about FB not working in Vietnam. Trully the quality is very poor in regular days but this has been (and still is while I am writing this post) the first time it doesn´t work at all. According to some agreements (blablabla....something with human rights... I really don´t know) the country can not shut down FB/Twitter/other social sites I don´t know just like that. But the vietnamese government (or some institution that take care of this stuff) says that they have problems to connect to american servers. I hope you understood my explanation and I am sorry if I don´t reply you for longer period but it is not me but the horrible american servers! 

Otherwise life is going great here! I have started to work. Trully I don´t have much work, but we went to meet customers two times and it was pretty cool. My task is to make them speak english. So I usually attend one and half hour meetings where they speak english first 15 minutes and then they pass to vietnamese and I am just sitting there. Give me few more weeks and I will be fluent in vietnamese I guess. 

Everybody is extremelly nice to me and want to be friend with me. I am still feeling like a superstar. Yesterday one girl came to me when I was sitting in a park and asked me if she could talk with me to practice her english. The same happens at work. People just come to me say "hello how are you" I reply "Great, thanks and you?" then they smile and go away because that was all they know in english. I am really affraid that I would speak like my favourite chinesse girl when I come back home!    

Some interesting things that happen (or I found out) this week:
  • I don´t freak out when I have to cross the street (explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYAQ6fd5wMw)
  • It is cheaper to eat outside than make your own food at home (but sometimes I really need non-asian food, hello McDonalds!)
  • When someone in Vietnam tells you go right, go left! No one knows where the place you are looking for is, but they want to help you so badly that they tell you stupidity just to make you feel good. (I would like to thank for my yesterday one hour walk)
  • I have started to feel that there is not such a thing like no people on the street and Denmark was just an illusion and everybody wears invisible cloaks there.  
  • There are no normal postcards in the shops, so you should look forward what will arrive in your mail boxes :P
Minulý týždeň som šla nakupovať. Vidím pred sebou veľký nápis, že výpredaje (topánky za asi 1 euro, no nekúp to!), tak sa tam rozbehnem, začnem sa prehrabávať, že nájdem svoje číslo a NIČ. Tak idem čeknúť iné regále, tam na mňa svieti OBROVSKÁ topánka číslo 38 (úplne škaredá). Keď som tento príbeh hovorila mojej managerke tá mi povedala, že mám veľkú nohu. Díky kámo! Celkovo sa tu cítím ako veľmi veľká osoba. Prvýkrát v mojom celom živote ľudia pozerajú hore keď sa so mnou rozpávajú. Je to celkom čudné, keďže väčšinou som to ja čo si musí doniesť rebrík aby na niekoho dočiahla :D

Dneska ráno som sa zobudila, otvorím si počítač a nejde mi facebook. Keďže som niekde úplne ďaleko od domova a cítim potrebu byť v kontakte s ľudmi a vedieť čo sa deje vo vašich krásnych facebookových životoch. Ja som si celkom myslela, že to sú iba také rozprávačky, ale ono sa to naozaj deje. Vietnamská vláda to vysvetľuje tým, že sa nedá napojiť na nejaký americký server alebo čo, no zaujímavé. Čítala som, že to je proti ľudským právam, sloboda prejavu a slova (alebo niečo také).

Ináč je to všetko super. Už som začala pracovať. Popravde nemám moc práce. Dvakrát sme boli navštíviť zákazníka, to bolo super, ale ináč len pomáham každému a vkuse sa pýtam, čo mám robiť. Fakt nemám rada tieto druhy práce keď nemáš čo robiť, tak aspoň mám čas písať môj internship project. Mojou úlohou je donútiť ich rozprávať po anglicky. Preto sa bežne zúčastňujem hodinu a pol dlhých porád, kde rozprávajú prvých 15 minút po anglicky a potom prejdú do vietnamčiny. Dajte mi pár týždňov a budem plynulá vo vietnamčine. 

Všetci sú na mňa extrémne milí a chcú byť so mnou kamoši! Začínam si zvykať na tento superstar život. Včera si ku mne prisadlo dievča v parku, že by sa chcelo so mnou po anglicky rozprávať. Bolo to strašne milé! V robote sa mi stáva to isté, že každý ku mne chodí povie mi "Hello, how are you?" ja odpovediem "Great, thanks and you?" a potom sa len usmievajú lebo nerozumejú. Celkom sa bojím ako budem ja rozprávať po anglicky po tomto pobyte.

A ešte pár zaujímavostí čo som zistila alebo zažila tento týždeň:
  • už sa nebojím prechádzať cez cestu (vysvetlenie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYAQ6fd5wMw)
  • je lacnejšie ísť sa najesť von ako pripraviť si to doma (ale niekedy fakt potrebujem iné ako ázijské jedlo, hello McDonalds)
  • ak vám tu niekto povie choďte doprava choďte určite doľava. Oni väčšinou sami nevedia, kde sa čo nachádza ale chcú pomôcť, tak vám povedia blbosť len aby niečo povedali :D (touto cestou sa chcem poďakovať za moju hodinovú včerajšiu prechádzku!)
  • začínam mať pocit, že Dánsko a takmer žiadni ľudia na ulici bola len ilúzia a všetci tam nosia neviditeľné plášte
  • je priam nemožné tu kúpiť pekné pohľadnice, tak sa tešte čo pristane vo vašich schránkach ;)

Have a very nice week!

Yours Veronika

Pho soup/ Pho polievka

Moving food/ Hýbajúce sa jedlo


My colleagues/ Moje kolegyne

Post office / Pošta

Theatre/ Divadlo

In the war museum/ V múzeum vojny



Notre Dame in Ho Chi Minh

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat